Subject: Re: 425E
To: None <Dengvall@aol.com>
From: Vince Vielhaber <vev@michvhf.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/17/1998 18:48:00
On 17-Nov-98 Dengvall@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 11/17/98 1:01:54 PM, mato@kotelna.sk writes:
>
> << > or doorstop.  Domain/OS is great, HP/UX is OK, but they will both stop
>> > properly after 12/99.  And HP will not support either.
>
> This is news to me (at least referring to DomainOS), does anyone have a
> pointer
> to a HP press release or article that talks about this?
>>>

> It was my impression from talking to HP support that 4xx series support
> dies
> at 2000 (- one day). I think that includes any version of HP-UX that
> supports
> the 4xx machines. i.e. <= v 9.3 | 9.4.
> I could still purchase HP-UX: 2 user license at$995 and media (cdrom) at
> $525
> (?).
> For a $50 machine that is a bit steep. :-)

*Support* stops, not the OS (for HP-UX 9 at least).  As far as I've been
able to tell, hpux9 will be ok to 2038 (or 36 or whatever).  BASIC-UX, on
the other hand, thinks it's 1/1/1900 instead of 1/1/2000.  The solution
to that is to not use BASIC :)

Vince.
Vince Vielhaber -- KA8CSH   email: vev@michvhf.com   flame-mail: /dev/null
       # include <std/disclaimers.h>                   TEAM-OS2
   Online Searchable Campground Listings    http://www.camping-usa.com
       "There is no outfit less entitled to lecture me about bloat
               than the federal government"  -- Tony Snow