Subject: 425E
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: None <Peter.Hettkamp@kassel.netsurf.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/17/1998 20:32:24
On Tue, 17 Nov 1998 08:55:20 -0600,
Sean Figgins <sfiggins@wcg.net> wrote

> Actually, the graphic console on the 425E is a orphan.  There is virtually
no
> documentation for the graphics board, and none of the developers have a
425e
> to work with.  I wouldn't call this being lazy, it's just an unfortunate
set o
Ok. I am not a developer. I have one of these boxes here, and I have a 400t,
which has two 150-pin connectors sitting side by side, one labelled DIO-II,
the other SGC. Is this the same SGC giving the trouble on the 425E?
Is there any information at all available anywhere about the SGC?
I am ready to invest some time into this SGC problem, but I am rather new to
NetBSD and to hp9000/400 hardware. So where should I start to look?
What information is available on the older(?) DIO-II and on those graphics
boards already supported?
> circumstances.  In the mean time, you have to live with Domain/OS, HP/UX
9.0
> or doorstop.  Domain/OS is great, HP/UX is OK, but they will both stop
working
If I had had a disk for any of these, I might have tried. But both machines
came from a junk dealer, who had removed the disks and used them for some
PCs.
I have one hp7959B which still contains a hpux7 ;-)
> properly after 12/99.  And HP will not support either.
I know. I couldn't even get a hp-ux 9.x from them :-(

Thanks for reading through my ramblings,

Peter Hettkamp

P.S.: I might consider lending my 425e to the developers, but:
It won't have a CPU (this will work in my 400t->425t),
it has 8megs of RAM, no disk, no floppy drive,
it sits in Germany. I have no idea how much the freight will cost.
And it has to return some day.
I'd prefer helping in the development myself.