Subject: Upgrading and NetBSD
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Andre H Vik <andrev@nvg.ntnu.no>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/15/1998 20:28:22
Hi!

I have a 400t with 32Mb RAM, a 345Mb SCSI harddrive (a regular PC drive),
and a 98547 6-bit Topcat framebuffer. It used to run HPUX 9.00 (which I
installed from CDROM, from a PC SCSI drive ;), but I recently moved to
NetBSD, which runs almost perfect. I really like the apollo, no PC comes
even close to its coolness;)  This mail is written on a VT420 attached to
the apollo.

I've seen the guides to upgrade 400t's to 433, and I'm considering to
upgrade. Before I decide, I need to know if there will be any problems
when upgrading.

Will NetBSD work as it does now?

Where can I get the needes EEPROM?

Will a 40 Mhz 040 cause any problems?

How much is a 040 worth? As much as 100$, as they sell it for at my local
amiga store?

-- André Vik (Andrev@IRC)