Subject: Re: Problem with HP DAT 1533
To:, Martin Lucina <>
From: Jim Reid <>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/10/1998 17:36:51

    Reiner> I made a small patch to add support for some more HP
    Reiner> DATs. It worked at least with DDS1 for me. I hope Jim's
    Reiner> code will extend this to DDS2.  Is there a chance to get
    Reiner> this integrated into 1.3.3 source? What do I have to do?

There was some discussion about this a while ago. [It's over 2 years
since I ran into these SCSI tape device problems.] ISTR the consensus
then was the best solution was to drop the generic SCSI driver into
the hp300 kernel. However this would require lots of other work: like
getting the "new" config program to generate kernel source files. Just
adding more and more string comparisons to the old st.c is a crock.