Subject: Re: Problem with HP DAT 1533
To: None <reiner@asta4.rz.fh-ulm.de>
From: Martin Lucina <mato@ariel.kotelna.sk>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/10/1998 21:35:43
On Mon, Nov 09, 1998 at 12:36:11PM +0100, Reiner Buehl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after locking at the kernel source I think it should be possible to
> add support for other DATs. I'm not experienced in this kind of stuff
> but the HP DATs don't defere that much so a basic support for other
> types should be possible. I'll try a few things to get this to work.
> All kind of help is welcome!
>
> Martin, do you still have the code you tried? I'd be interessted in
> what exactly did you try allready.

If I remember correctly, all I did was more-or-less copy the entry for the
one other HP DAT in the source and rename it to 35480A. It didn't work, but
it seemed that the problem I had was to do with the tape being written
on a DDS-2 drive. So I'd be interested in Jim's hack to get the block sizes
to work (since that's what it complained about), but my hp300 is on the other
side of the world right now, so it doesn't really matter.

Martin