Subject: Problem with HP DAT 1533
To: port-hp300 NetBSD <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Reiner Buehl <reiner@asta4.rz.fh-ulm.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/09/1998 09:16:25
Hi,

I tried to attache my HP C1533A 4mm DAT tape to my hp345 running NetBSD
1.3.2. When I boot, the kernel detects the tape correct but I get a
message saying something like "unkown tape st0, faking it". When I try
to use it, I get another message like "only QIC-24 supported". The
kernel was compiled with scsi tape support, the device nodes where
created with "MAKEDEV st0" and the hardware support list shows 4mm DATs.
Do I have to create device nodes for st6 because the tape is on SCSI
ID 6? Or is there another step that I missed?
--

MfG Reiner.

Reiner Buehl                         Internet:
P.O. Box 100324                      reiner@asta4.rz.fh-ulm.de
70747 Leinfelden-Echterdingen        Fax:
Germany                              +49-(0)89-66617-62802