Subject: Re: What machines can these memory modules & video boards be used in?
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Marc Gutschner <Marc.Gutschner@triplan.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/03/1998 10:54:49
Hi,

> >hmm.. I wonder if these are SGC instead of DIO-II?
>
> How would I tell?  I don't see any info about these boards on the
> hardware  FAQ.

I did a bit of "research" on the HP parts database (most excellent when
trying to identify parts and a great source of amusement wrt/ the prices
that are listed there :-))

The A1659-66001 is described as a PCA-2D color and was/is used with

	- Apollo 9000/730
	- Apollo 9000/755
	- Apollo 9000/735

The full description for this board is:
	"Color CRX - 1280 X 1024 2D/3D Wireframe Double-Buffered
	 8-Plane Graphics Board - for System Graphics Board Slot"

So I would assume they are most likely _not_ DIO-II but SGC boards :-)

BTW: A new one is listed for the all-time low price of 13943.49 DM and a
refurbished one for 914.28. ROTFL.

HTH,
Marc

PS: You may access the HP parts surfer through http://www.tomtech.de.
AFAIK registration is free and - as said above - it's great for
identifying unkown pieces of HP hardware :-)

DISCLAIMER: I have no relation to Tomtech whatsoever. I just found the
link on their homepage when looking for used HP equipment.