Subject: Re: Seriel port on 425
To: Per Nielsen <pkn@ostenfeld.dk>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 08/30/1998 12:10:11
On Sat, 29 Aug 1998 15:03:47 +0200
 Per Nielsen <pkn@ostenfeld.dk> wrote:

 > I have looked in a lot of letters in the netbsd/hp300 archive. And a lot of
 > the says that I have to set the console to remote. But when I fires ud the
 > 425, and enters the config menu -  I don't see anything about the seriel
 > port. All I see is  : Lan, SCSI and HP Parallel. But if I go into
 > Domaine/OS mode and lists the devs. It finds 3 seriel port.

Looks like you have a 425e... the BOOTROM on those machines cannot talk
to the serial console.  However, the NetBSD/hp300 boot block and kernel
should be able to talk to the serial console just fine.

Try loading the boot program (maybe via the network) and see if it works...

Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 650 940 5942