Subject: Seriel port on 425
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Per Nielsen <pkn@ostenfeld.dk>
List: port-hp300
Date: 08/29/1998 15:03:47
Hi

I have looked in a lot of letters in the netbsd/hp300 archive. And a lot of
the says that I have to set the console to remote. But when I fires ud the
425, and enters the config menu -  I don't see anything about the seriel
port. All I see is  : Lan, SCSI and HP Parallel. But if I go into
Domaine/OS mode and lists the devs. It finds 3 seriel port.

>DEVS

Net	E	ctrl	0
Sio	KBD	ctrl	0
Display	BMD	ctrl	0
Sio	HIL	ctrl	4
Sio	SIO	ctrl	1	#\
Sio	SIO	ctrl	2	#- Are these the seriel ports ?
Sio	SIO	ctrl	3	#/

And the cable :

I use a std modem cable from my Mac., with an adapter :

9 pin:		25 pin:
2	<->	2
3	<->	3
5	<->	7

Is that right, or do I need some handshake/control pins too ??

PKN   :-)