Subject: Re: Any luck with rbootd from Linux to hp300s?
To: Vic Kelson <vkelson@kiva.net>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 08/25/1998 21:41:23
On Mon, 24 Aug 1998 18:46:09 -0500
 Vic Kelson <vkelson@kiva.net> wrote:

 > can always recover.  Trouble is, I haven't been able to make it work.
 > I'm presently running S.u.S.E. 5.2, so it's a current kernel.  Any
 > advice?
 >    Or should I just put NetBSD on my PC as well?  Fact is, I have a lot
 > of nice stuff running in Linux and I like it.  If I could be sure I can
 > get NetBSD running as nicely as Linux, I might switch over...

I have been very happy w/ NetBSD on my PCs.  As far as commercial software
goes, if there are packages for Linux that you use, you can run those
commercial programs on NetBSD.  For example, I run the Linux RealPlayer,
Acrobat Reader, Netscape, and Applixware under NetBSD/i386.

 >    Any help will be MUCH appreciated.  THANKS for your time, and for
 > NetBSD!

you bet, and thanks for your NetBSD success story!

Moffett Field, CA 94035                             Pager: +1 650 940 5942