Subject: How to make disk spin-up at detection ?
To: None <port-hp300@netbsd.org>
From: Marc.Gutschner <marc@Frankfurt.NetSurf.DE>
List: port-hp300
Date: 08/24/1998 19:50:31
Hi all,

Can anyone please give me some instructions as how to modify the NetBSD
SCSI driver so that it sends explicit 'start unit' commands to a disk it
detects during the SCSI bus scan ?

I've a DEC RZ55 on my HP9000/375 that won't spin-up all by itself during
system boot :-( It's OK for me to net-boot the machine as long as I can
use some local storage (for /usr/src and swap at least). I've so far tried
to understand what's going on during the startup but now I'm even more
confused :-).

I've found my drive listed in some sort of table that contains
ill-behaving SCSI devices but have been unable to sort out what options
need to be set to enable the behaviour I need...

MTIA,
Marc Gutschner