Subject: ? modem
From: Laurentiu COCEA <cocea@ceylan.necker.fr>
List: port-hp300
Date: 08/22/1998 11:43:49
Hi,

There is nothing under the header

	5.3.3.1 : How do I add a modem to *BSD:

in the *BSD FAQ (http://cynjut.neonramp.com/complete.faq.html). Can
anyone provide some help on this item? More precisely, how do I connect
a modem to the serial port of a hp340 to use it with a dial-in Internet
Service Provider. There is some information in sections 7.2 : PPP and
7.3 : TCP/IP in the *BSD FAQ but I can't figure out how to connect my
Global Village Teleport Platinum modem, which came with a cable
compatible with an Apple serial port connector, to the hp340 RS232
connector (actually, I don't even know whether it's possible to do this
or not).

Thank you.

--laurentiu