Subject: Re: MMU fault
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/20/1998 09:12:23
Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov> probably said:
> Better yet, can you try this patch?  (Yes, eventually I will toss the dca
> driver in favor of the MI com driver...)

Seems to do the trick - I now have a serial console booted 370 :)
Thanks for that.

Michael Lorenz <ml@wisent.de> probably said:
> hpibbus0 at nhpib0
> ppi0 at hpibbus0 slave 5 punit 0
> =pt%A1bit dma, async, scsi id 7t9=x%x=M
>  ^^^^^                          ^^^^^^^   corruption here ?

> Hmm, looking at this brings me to the question which ipl your SCSI /
> serial uses... looks like making the SCSI controller generate
> interrupts that come mysteriously to the serial handler ?!

cut and paste from the serial console:
dca0 at dio0 scode 9 ipl H,KW
                             uqk[VK(XHdio0 scode 14 ipl 4: 32 bit dma, async, scsi id 7

from dmesg after boot from serial console:
dca0 at dio0 scode 9 ipl 5: console, no fifo
oscsi0 at dio0 scode 14 ipl 4: 32 bit dma, async, scsi id 7

> Maybe the serial console handler is a bit of a hack to make it work
> before the kernel probes for peripherals ?

Something in the serial port probe seems to interfere with the serial
console. Not exactly killing, but mildly annoying :)

P.

--
pir               pir@pir.net      pir@shore.net      pir@leftbank.com