Subject: RE: SCSI/disklabel questions
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Scott Reynolds <scott.reynolds@Plexus.COM>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/29/1998 11:26:13
Jason wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Jun 1998 12:29:10 -0400 (EDT)
>  Michael Wolfson <mbw@fatmac.ee.cornell.edu> wrote:
>
>  >     or more SCSI devices are attached (i.e. can't use HP-IB drives or
>  >     tapes if a SCSI drive is plugged into my 400s)?  This used to work
>  >     thru NetBSD-1.1.
>
> "Um, I don't know."  I have used HP-IB and SCSI at the same time on my
> hp380.  Define "can't use" .. they don't probe, a timeout occurs when they
> are accessed, what?  I need specifics here :-)

Similarly, up until my 380 died about 2 months ago, I had both a SCSI disk
and a 7963B connected and working fine.  There were some strange issues with
timeouts during probe, but they were non-fatal.  Unless I manage to figure
out what's wrong with the 380, chances are I'll have an opportunity to look
for this problem on a 425t sometime in the next several weeks.

--scott