Subject: Re: Mozilla
To: Mike Kelly <tfsmiles@ecst.csuchico.edu>
From: Thorsten Frueauf <s_frueau@ira.uka.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 06/05/1998 09:25:50
Hello!

> I just installed the mozilla-19980429 package only to find that Mozilla
> will not run because there is no libXm.so.1.2.  As I recall, libXm.so.1.2
> is the Motif libarary and for obovious reasons does not come with NetBSD.
> Has anyone compiled a version of Mozilla with a statically linked copy of
> the Motif libarary?  If not, is there any one interested in doing this
> for the m68k family?

This packages was build with lesstif 0.84. So you just have to install
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/packages/1.3.1/m68k/All/lesstif-0.84.tgz.

> It seems silly to assume that someone running NetBSD would have Motif,
> a binary linked agenst a static Motif lib should be provided in the
> mozilla package.

There is also the static version in the package (mozilla-export).

Greets
--

   Name  : Thorsten Frueauf            Milano@irc cri@onaliM       //
   E-Mail: s_frueau@ira.uka.de oder ukfy@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de     \X/