Subject: 340 can't locate second SCSI HD on boot.
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Mike Begley <squonk@drizzle.net>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/23/1998 18:57:06
I'm trying to get a second SCSI disk attached to my 340.
the disk is a seagate ST32430N.
When I boot the machine with this drive attached, I get the message:

st: wrong specs: type 0 qual 0 version 1

there's no mention of sd1, or any other disk but my boot disk.

in the list of boot messages, just before it recognizes the first disk (also
SCSI) in my machine.
I do not believe I have a SCSI ID conflict (since I've tried a few), and I
know all the cabling is correct because I'm able to mount other disks I put
in in this disk's place, and I do believe the disk is in working order.

any ideas?  What does that boot message mean (what is the st: device?)

thanks...

-m