Subject: Re: your mail
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <ignatios@theory.cs.uni-bonn.de>
From: Hellmuth Michaelis <hm@hcs.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/04/1998 13:27:28
>From the keyboard of Ignatios Souvatzis:

> we've been offered to carry away a HP3000/37 running MPE4.

This is an HP3000 "designed" for small offices. Its an old HP proprietary
architecture (stack based instead of register based) which does not run
anything but MPE. Useless IMO.

> also on offer are 2392 and 2394 Monitors.

2392 are "normal" HP terminals. I am quite shure they have a VT100
emulation but they are quite slow.

Since these terminals are capable of block mode in HP terminal mode,
the 2394 has a larger forms buffer than the 2392.

In case you need some small (footprint) character terminals where
speed is not that important, the 239x are quite usable. At the time when
they were released, i liked them very much :-)

They are quite good supported by the "hp" termcap entry, but in case you
need a more complete one, just ask.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                                    Tel   +49 40 559747-70
HCS Hanseatischer Computerservice GmbH                Fax   +49 40 559747-77