Subject: Re: 1.3_BETA Install-Problem
To: Turbo Fredriksson <turbo@tripnet.se>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
List: port-hp300
Date: 12/26/1997 12:33:44
On Fri, 26 Dec 1997, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:

> I have the same machine, and the same problem... What I did to fix this, was
> that I installed the whole bunch manually... That is, mount a NFS root, and
> then disklabel and make a filesystem on those partitions, than copied the
> NFS root to the HD...

well, sure, you could do that.  i've done it in the past, as it's faster
than loading the miniroot and such, but it requires a bit more knowledge
than SYS_INST does.

i'm working on some changes to hopefully put this one to rest.  i just
discovered what appears to be a bug in the MI network retransmit code,
which would cause problems if your network has any significant amount of
traffic on it.  i also added some default calculations for the case where
sectors/cylinder and total sectors haven't already been set (e.g. after
zapping the disklabel).

anyone who can try out these changes should contact me ASAP.  i'm leaving
for an extended holiday later today, and will have only limited access to
the net.

--scott