Subject: Re: getrusage() problem in hp300 port??
To: Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/19/1997 23:05:12
On Wed, 19 Nov 97 13:22:57 -0600
 Greg Oster <oster@cs.usask.ca> wrote:

 > Hi folks

Hiya Greg...

 > Can someone with a NetBSD-1.3_Alpha/hp300 box run this little proggy to see
 > if they get the same behaviour I'm seeing under 1.2E on the HP300 port?

Hmm... first guess is that you have 68030s in your hp300s?  One my
25MHz 68040 hp380:

basalt:thorpej 256$ ./a.out
basalt:thorpej 257$

It's important to note that sleep(3) actually _suspends_ execution; the
process will not accumulate user time during that call.  It _will_,
however, accumulate user time while user code is executing, and
on slower processors, that takes longer.  Thus you will see "inflated"
values for ru_utime as compared to systems with faster processors.

I'm guessing that the i386 that you ran this program on is a faster box
than your hp300s :-)

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 650 604 0935