Subject: Re: port-hp300/4071: HP standalone disklabel program bugs
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <Havard.Eidnes@runit.sintef.no>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/17/1997 19:29:19
Well, noone answered...

Anyway, it appears that it would help if someone else would
verify my claim that the miniroot will not be mounted, and that
my modified SYS_INST works better.  To that end I've now made my
modified SYS_INST available at

	ftp://ftp.ntnu.no/pub/NetBSD/local/hp300/SYS_INST

It asks about more details concerning the file systems you are
allcating room for in the disk label.  If you mark the to-be-swap
file system as "ffs" (since that's what is temporarily going to
be your root file system), SYS_INST will ask you for fragment and
block size information for that file system, and hopefully, your
miniroot will then be able to mount its root file system from the
to-be-swap partition.

It would also help if someone would refute my claim that the
miniroot can't be mounted if you first 'zap' your disk label
(as you would need to do if you install on a fresh disk), in
which case this bug myst have been fixed between me submitting it
and now.

For full details on this bug report and the proposed fix, see

  http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-full-pr?4071

Regards,

- H=E5vard