Subject: Re: Hard drive for 9000/345
To: Paul Simmonson <psimmo@omen.com.au>
From: David Jones <dej@inode.org>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/16/1997 10:14:48
Paul Simmonson wrote:
| I have two HP 9000/345 Workstations with Rodime SCSI Hard Drives RO3259T =
| Type E9 210Mb.
|
| When I bought these one of the hard drives was not working at all and =
| the other was a bit flaky.
| I was able to install and run NetBSD on the machine with the flaky hard =
| drive, but now this one
| is dead too. My question is, can I install any SCSI hard drive off the =
| shelf or do they need drives
| from HP?

You can use many SCSI drives.

The one problem you will find is that there's a bug in the SCSI driver
that may prevent some drives from working.  You should look at PR#3769
in the GNATS database for a (possible incorrect) patch that works for me.

(BTW, will PR#3769 be addressed in time for 1.3?  I hate maintaining
site-specific patches :-)