Subject: NFS mounted swap space
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/14/1997 12:13:42
I have just loaded on the new 1.3_ALPHA snapshot on my hp and everything
boots up fine diskless except I can't get the system to use the remote
swap file.  My /etc/bootparams file looks like this:

rapture \

/usr/local/nfsclient/rapture is the root directory and that works fine.
/usr/local/nfsswap/rapture is a 16 Meg scratch file.  I want the system
to use this for swap.  I tried the following in /etc/fstab none swap sw

But that was just stabbing in the dark.  It didn't work.  It just gave
a "No such file or directory" error.

The odd thing is that I had to set the exports file up properly or else
it would not boot.  This suggests to me that the file is being accessed
but swapctl doesn't show any swap.

D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@{druid|vex}.net>   |  Democracy is three wolves                |  and a sheep voting on