Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.3_ALPHA/hp300!
To: Nathan Gelbard <gelbard@engr.orst.edu>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 11/07/1997 14:23:03
On Thu, 06 Nov 1997 10:57:48 -0800
 Nathan Gelbard <gelbard@ENGR.ORST.EDU> wrote:

 > Well what do you know! I upgraded my hp380 1.2E system last
 > night to 1.3_ALPHA, and it works.... _GREAT_!

cool!  Make sure to list your swap partitions in /etc/fstab!  :-)

 > Kudos to those that got it going!

I'd like to personally thank Dave Carrel and Scott Reynolds for the
help they've given me recently.  I have been insanely busy with the
NetBSD 1.3 release schedule in general, and to make it worse, my
main hp300 development system is having disk problems (which is why
I haven't been able to build snapshots, or address bug reports).  I
hope to be addressing the disk issue this weekend, so I can get into
the swing of thigns again.

 > Are there any radical new changes to the 1.3 system vs a 1.2e system?

There have been LOTS of improvements.  Look in doc/CHANGES for a list
of many of them.

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 650 604 0935