Subject: Re: NetBSD with Domain keyboard
To: Jan Ftacnik <ftacnik@sophia.dtp.fmph.uniba.sk>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 08/05/1997 09:07:19
On Tue, 5 Aug 1997 11:26:19 +0200 (MET DST)
 Jan Ftacnik <ftacnik@sophia.dtp.fmph.uniba.sk> wrote:

 > I have a simple question. I ran successfully NetBSD 1.2 on Apollo
 > 9000-400T for some time with borrowed HIL keyboard and mouse. Now the
 > keyboard and mose are gone and I am left with Domain keyboard and mouse.
 > Is there any way to run any vesion of BSD with Domain keyboard ? Where can
 > I find the driver ? My motivation is to use my old Apollo as an X-terminal
 > connecting to Linux server through xdm.
 >  Thank you in advance for any kind of info.

Mike Smith submitted code to drive the Domain keyboard under the built-in
terminal emulator.  However, the interface between the ITE and the keyboard
isn't clean at all, won't support more than one keyboard, and would generally
be a maintenance nightmare.

I've started rototilling the HIL driver, and the ITE->Keyboard interface.
However, a couple of really high priority projects gobbled up a bunch
of time, I had a small (badly needed) vacation, and I leave for Munich
in a few hours for the IETF.

In short:

	It's not quite finished yet.

It _will_ be in the NetBSD 1.3 release, however.

NAS: M/S 258-6                                       Work: +1 415 604 0935