Subject: HP400s disks and video
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael Wolfson <mbw@fatmac.ee.cornell.edu>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/28/1997 02:45:10
Hi folks,

I just acquired some new HP400 equipment.  I only got one response
(thanks, Nathan!) to my last query (how to use HPIB and SCSI devices at
the same time), but after a bit of experimenting, I found out that they
will work in harmony up until 1.2.1.  The -current kernal I'm running
doesn't recognize the HPIB drives (but it does find my 9145 tape unit).

I'm just wondering whether this has anything to do with the brokenness
after 1.2.1 of my not being able to use 7959B drives on the same bus as
7937H drives, and whether all of this will be fixed in a future version.

I'd also like to mention, for the record, that the A1416A board is
recognized as a 98550A catseye board by HP-UX and that it certainly acts
the same under both OSes.  Perhaps this should be formally accounted for
in the kernal (instead of recognizing it only as a topcat style board).

Also, among the goodies I got was a 98702/98705 tiger video system (the
98702 is a DIO-II board, and the 98705 is a rackmount-sized component).
Jason, you mentioned about a year ago that someone could write a driver if
anyone was willing to test it out.  I'm game!

Thanks, everyone.

  -- MW