Subject: README: trap handler changes
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/14/1997 12:28:47
Hi folks...

Cleaning things off my TODO list... just committed changes to use
the new, optimized address and bus error handler routines to the hp300
losore.c, lifted from the mac68k/amiga ports.  These shave some cycles
from common-case page fault handling, and are much easier to read,
since the run-time checks for processor and mmu type have been (mostly)
removed (the run-time check for HP MMU remains, but there's no easy
wait to eliminate that).

These have been tested on a 319 (68020 with Motorola MMU), 340 (68030),
and 380 (68040).  They have NOT been tested on a 320 or 350 (68020 with
HP MMU), because I don't have access to one.  I do not anticipate any
problems, however.  If you do have one of these systems (HI MOUSE! :-),
drop me a line if you can test; I'll even build the kernel, to save the
pain of doing so on a 320 :-)

The code will be available in tomorrow's SUP.  If you experience any
problems, please let me know.