Subject: Re: install attempt
To: None <ml@persius.rz.uni-potsdam.de, ekholm@visi.com>
From: Michael Lorenz <ml@persius.rz.uni-potsdam.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 07/08/1997 13:00:37
Hi !

> > > I have just tried to install netBSD witt little luck. i have copied
> > > SYS_INST to tape using 'dd if=SYS_INST of=/dev/rct8 bs=20b conv=osync'
> > > (doing this on my apollo 425t currntly running Domain OS) , switched over
> > > to HP-UX mode, did self tests. searched for OS, found "SYS_SYS" on ARCHIVE
> > > 60 (the tape drive) I selected it. it loaded, and now the screen is blank,
> > > and has been for 30 min. Can someone tell me what is going on?
> >
> > You have a VRX, don't you ?
> > that happens when you have an unsupported graphics board...
>
> is there any work being done to support these boards? what graphic boards
> are supported and what are the costs? I would like color. here is my
> system:
>
> Apolo 425T with 40MB RAM, 200MB (soon to be 1 GB) HD Space, and my monitor
> is the HP A1097C monitor.
this should give a fast NetBSD workstation :-)

ok, what does the BootROM say about the graphics board ( at least something like HP9xxxx should come )
for the supported boards I must say that I have little knowledge about this, I just ran into the same problem ans "solved" it by puting the monochrome catseye from my 320 into the 433. In a 345 I have a 64 color catesye ( don't ask me about HP numbers... ) which works fine.
For supported boards please have a look at www.netbsd.org

bye
Michael