Subject: Re: Binary snapshot available
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nathan Gelbard <gelbard@ENGR.ORST.EDU>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/30/1997 01:29:52
>If you encounter any problems with the snapshot, please let me know.
>Success stories also welcome :-)

Its dead, Jim :)

I reboot with the new bootblock & new kernel. No problem. <g>
Extracted usr.libexec. I think my 1st mistake was here.
	I rebooted ;(
I got really familiar with the kernel debugger.

Extracted the rest, couldnt write over init, tar, gzip because
I was using them. I still havent found a way to overwrite them
because I need to run them to write over them! er...

My scsi chasis/controller (?) is fubar, so I cant extract from my
1.2 system.
fsck -p returns an error and messes up rc.
telnetd no longer works.

Sigh. Looks like tomorrow its going to be a complete reinstall of 1.2.1.

Sorry Jason, I've failed.

ARG!