Subject: Re: installing netbsd
To: rym <maddouri@ensi.rnrt.tn>
From: David Carrel <carrel@redbacknetworks.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/29/1997 11:01:54
>  i have 4 apollo 400 with domain os and i want to install Netbsd on
> them.
>  i swiched them to HPUX mode,then i have made a booteble tape on SUN ipc
> machine (with dd if=SYS_INST of=/dev/rst8 obs=20b conv=sync), but when
> boot using this tape qn error apperes telling that there is an error in
> the tape

What type of tape drive is this?  If this is a 1/4" tape and you're
using a standard QIC tape drive on the sun and an HP 1/4" drive on the
HP/Apollo (9144??), then this is your problem.  The two are not
compatible.

This is just a guess.  I'm shooting in the dark here.  There's not much
information to go on.

Dave