Subject: Re: Hi there (and first question)
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
From: Torsten Schlueter <torsten@geo1.uni-duisburg.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/26/1997 09:33:28
Hi Scott,

> Do you have any other machine that you can connect to via Ethernet?  It's
> fairly trivial to install over a network from another NetBSD machine (PC,
> Amiga, Mac, etc.), and only slightly more complex on a FreeBSD PC.

Just three days ago i installed NerBSD on my suite little 486/33 with
8MB. Booting the HP (I'll call it T-REX, bacause of its age:-) was only
a little problem. The next problem was labeling the HDD. I took the
entries wich are provided by Quantum for HP-UX. I took all values from
their W3 Side except th number of sectors, this number i took twice
(because of secotr size). Now after netbooting it is not possible to Run
the 'disklabel' option of the 'sysinst' 'progam'. There comes always a
error message 'Bad Partion sd(0,2,2,1) or similar to that, and the
Program is terminated:-(
Running the Option 'miniroot' fails with an error -1, NFSD, Protmap and
mountd are running:-(

> I honestly haven't looked to see if Jason has tape installs working yet,
> though something tells me that I would remember if they did.
>
> Hope this helps,

Not realy, but if somebody can help me at those Problems....mybe...

--
Torsten Schlüter	email: t.schlueter@uni-duisburg.de
Nordstraße 91		http://fsrinfo.uni-duisburg.de/~torsten