Subject: X is NOT crashing!
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Nathan Gelbard <gelbard@ENGR.ORST.EDU>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/08/1997 23:18:43
As your all may know, I'm running the X server that is known to
crash because it is so old, etc. That was when I was running
openwin (from the .de ftp site).

I'm now running the AfterStep (NeXTstep clone) window manager,
and everything is working GREAT. I reproduced the xv + large
jpg function that I could make the old server (must be the
window manager) crash with, and all is great.

AfterStep is really nice, too. Even at 21" 1024x768x64, I like it.
On Dave's 17" 1280x1024x256, its execellent.

...FYI ;)