Subject: Re: There is still an error in my /src/usr.bin/ftp
To: Andreas Brusinsky <brusinsk@ibdr.inf.tu-dresden.de>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/07/1997 10:18:16
On Wed, 7 May 1997 16:09:22 +0200 (MET DST)
 Andreas Brusinsky <brusinsk@ibdr.inf.tu-dresden.de> wrote:

 > I am not sure why it is there and also believe that it must be
 > due to my system lacking something, but I could now compile the whole
 > /src tree eccept ftp.
 > Can someone tell me which files I would have to download to compile ftp?
 > (There is still no definition of CC_REDISPLAY available.) Maybe the error
 > comes up because I call make build out of tcsh, which would be mad.
 > I could locate the file /usr/include/histedit.h where some other
 > CC_ contants are set that are also used by the ftp/complete.c routine.

...you have not done a "make includes" in src/lib, it seems:

lestat (thorpej) /usr/src/lib/libedit 527% grep CC_REDISPLAY *.h
histedit.h:#define CC_REDISPLAY 8

histedit.h is installed into /usr/include when you run "make includes"
in src/lib/libedit.

Please try the following:

	cd /usr/src/usr.bin/make
	make depend && make && make install
	cd /usr/src/share/mk
	make install
	cd /usr/src/lib/libedit
	make includes
	cd /usr/src/usr.bin/ftp
	make depend && make

...if CC_REDISPLAY isn't in your histedit.h, your sources are somehow
out of sync.  I'd suggest using the option ot SUP that forces an update
of files (I think that's "sup -o" ?)