Subject: Re: Trying to get diskless Install started
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <ROD_STOKES@Non-HP-UnitedKingdom-om7.om.hp.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/06/1997 14:03:49
Hi...

Thanks for your feedback.  I have a spare partition on one of my PC hard
disks so I will try and get NetBSD installed on that (sometime in the
next two weeks).  From reading the INSTALL doc, it looks as though once
the 425 is booted, I can use the HP as a fileserver for everything else -
the PC could be rebooted into Windoze.

I read some of the archived mail for this group and found references to
problems with 425e SGC cards.  Well guess what, I have a 425e!!!  Is
there still a problem with 425e systems or is that ancient history?  I
don't actually mind if the screen doesn't work under NetBSD as the system
will just sit on the network and I can use the 715 or the PC for an
X-Display.  Does hitting 'R' after the beep puts it into serial console
mode or do I have to do something else?

Rod.