Subject: Re: Q: current build ..?
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Andreas Brusinsky <brusinsk@ibdr.inf.tu-dresden.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 05/06/1997 00:15:56
Yes, you where right.

I once put in a 66 MHz oszi and jumpered to the left ( 0=0 O ).
						     w001
Although in my model there is no number saying 33 or 25.
My model is a HP Apollo series 400. On the inside of the easy
removable  frontpanel is printed  A1630-62008 Rev. 03
				        01646
				    Made in U.S.A

The Kernel and the bootloader are reacting on this jumper.

If it is taken away at all or jumpered to the righthand side (loking from
the top, haveing the back at it's place) the kernel reports
 400/25

 cpu divisor 30 mmuid 5

If the jumper is placed lefthandside as shown above the kernel
reports
 400/33

 cpu divisor 30 mmuid 4

So maybe you could base your decision what to report also on the divisor?

The compile worked as soon as I put link.h into /usr/include.

Thanks for now. Do you still work a bit on a X11R6 server?
Or could you send me a report on how far you got and what made you stop.

        Bye   Brusi

            by           ab2@inf.tu-dresden.de

          \____