Subject: Re: Quantum ProDrive ELS
To: mike smith <miff@spam.frisbee.net.au>
From: Elmar Kolkman <kolkmae@la1.apd.dec.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/29/1997 08:37:44
Mike Smith wrote:

> Jason Thorpe wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 29 Apr 1997 10:26:30 +0930
> >  mike smith <miff@spam.frisbee.net.au> wrote:
> >  >
> >  > Good question; you may have trouble booting from it, if
> >  > the stories about scsi-2 are true.
> >
> > ...of course you can boot off of it.  What stories are you referring to?
> >
> > (I boot my hp380 off of a SCSI-2 disk every time :-)
>
> I strongly recall reading somewhere when I was getting into
> the hp300 stuff that there were some problems with SCSI-2 disks,
> and that they might have to be reconfigured to run SCSI-1.
>
> If you don't believe me, I'll have to go look 8)

Well, I have said I had some SCSI problems with my hp370, but I don't recall
anything being said as mentioned above in that thread. But I can boot and run
my 370 from a SCSI-2 disk. I only cann't use the tapestreamer at the moment.
Once I've got the kernel sources on that machine, I can take a look at the ST
code and see if I can make that work.

We have to have SCSI-2 drives work, because it's hard to come by SCSI-1 disks
nowadays... ;-)

					Elmar

--
Terror : Appropriate reaction after considering the terrain
				Henry Beard & Roy McKie, A skiers dictionary