Subject: Re: Support for 425e with SGC video?
To: Jay Lovell <Jay.Lovell@bridge.bellsouth.com>
From: mike smith <miff@spam.frisbee.net.au>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/25/1997 12:37:01
Jay Lovell wrote:

> > What manuals do you have that talk about the hardware, or
> > programming the hardware?  I have a pile of HP/UX manuals, but
> > no hardware references 8(
>
> I don't have too much either.  I have the following:
>
> Device I/O (DIL,HP-HIL)

That sounds moderately interesting, although what's DIL?

> Using the Audio Application Program Interface

Not very useful unless there's a 'raw hardware' mode that
they document.

> Calls for high end graphics functions.  But hey, I almost forgot!  I have
> the HP Apollo 9000 Series 400 & 700 US Pricing and Configuratino Guide for
> May of 1992 <grin>! At least you'd know what the heck is out there.  ;-)

I would _really_ appreciate an authoratative list of all of the
4xx models and their basic configuration (CPU, busses), so I
can work out which has/is what.

--
Mike Smith  *BSD hack  Unix hardware collector
The question "why are the fundamental laws of nature mathematical"