Subject: Re: HP Monitor cabling question
To: John W. DeBoskey <jwd@unx.sas.com>
From: mike smith <miff@spam.frisbee.net.au>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/24/1997 14:38:29
John W. DeBoskey wrote:

>    I have an HP A1097A monitor currently connected to an HP720/50. I
> just setup an HP Vectra with FreeBSD and would like to use the monitor
> on the FreeBSD machine. I remember from messages I've seen in the past
> that a special cable (or cable modification) is required to connect the
> HP monitor to the PC style S/VGA connector (sync on green comes to mind).
>
>    If anyone has any information and/or pointers, I'd really appreciate
> the info.

The apollo FAQ (see http://www.zepa.net/~kolya) has pointers to this
sort of information.

> ps: What's the status of NetBSD for the HP700 series?

Someone needs to find/be given one; there's probably enough
documentation to get it done, given time.

--
Mike Smith  *BSD hack  Unix hardware collector
The question "why are the fundamental laws of nature mathematical"