Subject: HP Monitor cabling question
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John W. DeBoskey <jwd@unx.sas.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/24/1997 00:40:21
Hi,

   I realize this question is slightly off-topic, but I figure someone
on this list might be able to help.

   I have an HP A1097A monitor currently connected to an HP720/50. I
just setup an HP Vectra with FreeBSD and would like to use the monitor
on the FreeBSD machine. I remember from messages I've seen in the past
that a special cable (or cable modification) is required to connect the
HP monitor to the PC style S/VGA connector (sync on green comes to mind).

   If anyone has any information and/or pointers, I'd really appreciate
the info.

Thanks,
John

ps: What's the status of NetBSD for the HP700 series?

--
jwd@unx.sas.com       (w) John W. De Boskey          (919) 677-8000 x6915