Subject: Re: Identifying 4xx-series systems...
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: mike smith <miff@spam.frisbee.net.au>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/24/1997 08:25:04
Jason Thorpe wrote:

>  > If you _do_ try the patches, please let me know 8)
>
> I plan on integrating them RSN (as soon as I commit some rather large
> changes to locore.s) ... if you can "guarantee" that they work on a 425,
> I can make sure they don't mis-identify a 380.

Er, the patches I posted are sufficiently busted that I'd like
another go at them before you commit.  I _was_ hoping to hear
the MMU ID from a 345/375/400 though, as I was planning to
split HP_375 into three based on that.

I've just got my 425 back together again (I couldn't find a
mounting tray for an internal disk, surprise surprise, so
I made one out of three ISA blanks and a rubber washer
out of the disk that died.  Nice and solid 8)

Now that I have some more disk on it and supped it up-to-date,
the plan was to reintegrate my changes into -current to give
you better diffs.  If you're working on something else, I'll
get them done over the next few days and post here when I'm
ready again.

--
Mike Smith  *BSD hack  Unix hardware collector
The question "why are the fundamental laws of nature mathematical"