Subject: Re: Apollo keyboard, serial drivers (announce)
To: mike smith <miff@spam.frisbee.net.au>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/16/1997 11:37:59
On Wed, 16 Apr 1997 21:06:34 +0930
 mike smith <miff@spam.frisbee.net.au> wrote:

 > > oscsi0 at dio0 scode 14 ipl 3: 32 bit dma, async, scsi id 7
 > > sd3: CD-ROM, 249596 blocks, 2048 bytes/block
 > >      ^^^^^^
 > >      I use this all the time :-)
 >
 > Aha, how do you mount it?  I tried
 >
 > # mount -t cd9660 /dev/sd1c /mnt

mount -o ro -t cd9660 /dev/sd3c /cdrom

is what I use.

 > and variants therof with no luck (various responses).  This is
 > with an old Matsushita (CR-503B) that I keep because I can boot
 > old Suns off it.  Mechanically it's very tired, but logic-wise
 > it seems A-OK.

...can you give me an idea of what the errors are?

 > OK.  Is there anything I can do to help with the SCSI stuff?
 > I've been off looking for data on the MB87030, but apart from
 > the MipsCo driver for their old machines and the (seems similar)
 > driver in the x68k port (does it use the MI code?) I haven't
 > turned much up.  Fuji have lots of docco for their (totally
 > different) newer parts on their website, but nothing at all
 > on their old parts, and nobody around here will own up to
 > carrying data for them 8(

The x68k driver has two problems:

	- doesn't support disconnects
	- doesn't support DMA

...part of the challenge on the hp300 is dealing with scheduling
SCSI transfers on the DMA controller, and the callback mechanism
used to kick the HP SCSI hard once it has the DMA controller...

I have docs on the Fujitsu chip.  I could look at making a copy
for you.