Subject: Re: disklabel problem
To: None <tony@ing.iac.es>
From: Jarle Fredrik Greipsland <jarle@runit.sintef.no>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/15/1997 10:25:04
Tony Povoas writes:
> Yes that is part of the information on the label; I want to write, the
> "old default partitioning" information for the disk is incorrect
> ( the old number of sectors for c is larger than the disk physically has
> :-( ).

Are you sure of that?  I found that it matched exactly what the disk
returned as its number of blocks.  However, the parameters printed out
during autoconfig didn't match the cylinder * heads * sectors/block =
capacity equation.  With varying zone densities they almost never do.
I ended up leaving the c partition alone and using the other ones for
my needs.  I haven't seen any ill effects from this.

					-jarle
--
"May your disk buffers flush before powerdown!"
					-- sc@inf.uni-jena.de