Subject: Re: dcm vs. serial console (was Re: Binary snapshot available)
To: Elmar Kolkman <kolkmae@la1.apd.dec.com>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/14/1997 11:00:41
On Mon, 14 Apr 1997, Elmar Kolkman wrote:

> I cann't compile bootblocks or kernels, so if you want me to try it out on
> my 370, I need the binaries...

I've just made a -current hp300 kernel available, which naturally includes
the dcm fixes:

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/hp300/kernels/netbsd-gen-970413.gz

> BTW: the bootblock itself didn't give me any trouble. It all worked until the
>      kernel was initializing. Or was it the state the bootblock left the
>      driver ?

It's probably my strange environment that's causing the trouble with the
stock boot blocks (uboot and inst, both).  If they're not a problem for
you, don't worry about it; this kernel should do the trick for you.

--scott