Subject: Re: disklabel problem
To: None <>
From: Jarle Fredrik Greipsland <>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/14/1997 16:04:17
Tony Povoas writes:
> disklabel -w -B sd1 sdsg42100
> disklabel: Dec  9 13:11:45 marat /netbsd: sd1: WARNING: no disk label,
> using old default partitioning
> warning, boot overlaps partition c, marked as FS_BOOT
> disklabel: ioctl DIOCSDINFO: Open partition would move or shrink

You wouldn't per chance be trying to change the size of sd1c (from
what the "old default partitioning" reports)?  I tried some of this
labeling stuff yesterday, and I found that as long as the size of the
'c' partition remained constant I could change almost anything else.
However, if I tried to screw around with the number of sectors of the
'c' partition I got the same error messages that you got.

"On a clear disk you can seek forever."
			-- Peter O'Toole (Trinity College, Dublin)