Subject: Re: more on the 400-series utility chip
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: mike smith <miff@spam.frisbee.net.au>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/04/1997 21:57:25
Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On Fri, 04 Apr 1997 09:31:56 +0930
>  mike smith <miff@spam.frisbee.net.au> wrote:
>  > the ISA I/O space across multiple pages, only they used 4K pages and
>  > NetBSD now uses 8K), at which point I will try my hand a writing a
>
> NetBSD/hp300 uses 4k _hardware pages_, but 8k _linker pages_.  The two
> are not the same thing... 8k linker pages specify minimum alignment and
> rounding for executable sections...

Oh, OK.  Still, I'd better not get distracted by that just yet, hmm?

How about you dig out that Apollo docco that Herb lent/gave you and
tell me how to talk to this *&^%$&^$# keyboard?

--
Mike Smith  *BSD hack  Unix hardware collector
The question "why are the fundamental laws of nature mathematical"