Subject: Re: Utility chip sio's on 4xx (more stories)
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: mike smith <miff@spam.frisbee.net.au>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/03/1997 09:11:57
Jason Thorpe wrote:

>  > So, how do I work out what interrupt it's generating?  I'm
>  > reasonably sure that the vector I'm supplying (0x28) in the
>  > vector register is right for IPL4, but I don't get any
>  > output from the printf in a handler attached to ipl4.
>
> Hmm, interesting.  I'd think that if you're not servicing it you'd at
> least get "spurious interrupt" messages... UNLESS it's coming in at
> ipl 6 ... which is hard-coded as the clock interrupt handler... all
> inlined in locore.s ...

Yes, I don't know why it wasn't giving me them before, but more
printfs and some LED fiddling got me past that.  Now I have too
many interrupts and need to turn the rotten things off!

Speaking of LEDs, any reason why I shouldn't use one of the
'hidden' LEDs for frodo-chip activity?

--
Mike Smith  *BSD hack  Unix hardware collector
The question "why are the fundamental laws of nature mathematical"