Subject: Re: Utility chip sio's on 4xx (more stories)
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: mike smith <miff@spam.frisbee.net.au>
List: port-hp300
Date: 04/03/1997 00:07:25
Ok, I'm back from Easter.  Choral parties; ow!

Anyway, here I have some really basic skeletal stuff for
finding the Frodo chip and a not-working-yet-but-getting-there
driver for the UARTs.  I'm having some unhappines as soon
as I enable interrupts on the UART though, I suspect because
I'm not handling the interrupt it's generating properly.

Once it's wedged, I still get the heartbeat, console (tty)
interrupts and incoming network interrupts, but nothing
that would run below that, so I'm _fairly_ certain I'm on
the right track here.

So, how do I work out what interrupt it's generating?  I'm
reasonably sure that the vector I'm supplying (0x28) in the
vector register is right for IPL4, but I don't get any
output from the printf in a handler attached to ipl4.

Any ideas on how I should chase this?

--
Mike Smith  *BSD hack  Unix hardware collector
The question "why are the fundamental laws of nature mathematical"