Subject: Golf Ball Catalog
To: The Golfer <ballman@golfballsunlimitedusa.com>
From: Dana Jones <ballman@golfballsunlimitedusa.com>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/27/1997 20:11:16
hi again friends___

In keeping with our goal to provide the best possible products and
value to our customers and to provide you with more ways to enjoy the
game of golf to the fullest,  and to enjoy the benefits of LOWER COSTS
AND BETTER PRODUCTS, we are including new items in this issue of the
catalog.

We have added great values on brand new balls and the newest in ball
technology products.  Also, be sure to check out our new gloves; these
gloves are a real value.  We have also added specialty balls, for
those who really want to have fun.  In the high tech section, we have
include new and better double cover products than currently available
from the Strata line.

As you know, buying directly from GolfBalls Unlimited USA saves you
money as compared to buying the identical product off of a retail
shelf.  It also saves you shopping time, fuel, parking hassles, sales
tax (in all states but Texas) and having to sort through barrels of
balls to find the balls you really want, even if you know of a
recycled ball outlet.  And, practically speaking we have every type of
ball being played today.  I have never seen any type of retail outlet
or pro shop which has the variety we offer to you.

Shopping for recycled balls is a little different from buying new
balls, so this letter contains more information than you may normally
see from a golf products supplier.  If you are already familiar with
all or part of this information, then you can easily skip to any
section of interest, as I have divided this information into marked
segments.  Since I am not able to format email, I suggest you print
this out for ease of reading.  If you can change fonts, changing this
catalog to new courier 10 should get good results. If you would like
to receive this in an Microsoft EXCEL format, please let me know.

We have also changed our shipping costs and minimum order quantities
in an effort to be more responsive to our customers.  Please take a
look at these sections.

Thank you for considering GolfBalls Unlimited USA.  Feel free to call
or write anytime.  I would love to hear from you.  Regardless of
whether or not you become a Golfballs Unlimited USA customer, I hope
you find this information valuable and entertaining.

Best Wishes For Great Golf And Personal Regards,

Dana Jones
The Ballman
==================

ContentsContentsContentsContentsContentsContentsContentsContents

I.     PRICING - RECYCLED BALLS

II.    PRICING - NEW GOLF BALLS - GREAT VALUES

III.   PRICING - GLOVES

IV.    PRICING - HIGH TECH BALLS

V.     PRICING - Double Cover Balls - Better Stratas Than Strata

VI.    DO YOU REALLY - REALLY WANT TO HAVE SOME FUN ?

VII.   HOW RECYCLED BALLS ARE GRADED AND PRICED.

VIII.  TIPS ON HOW TO GET THE BEST VALUES ON RECYCLED BALLS

IX.    SPIN CHARACTERISTICS

X.     SHIPPING

XI.    ORDERING

XII.   CUSTOMER DELIGHT

XIII.  NEED SOMETHING SPECIAL?

I..PricingPricingPricingPricingPricingPricingPricingPricingPricing

POPULAR PRICED "COMMON/UTILITY" ASSORTMENTS

MaxFli________________________________________$     4.00 doz
Pinnacle Gold_________________________________$     4.00 doz
Prostaff______________________________________$     4.00 doz
Titleist______________________________________$     6.00 doz
TopFlite______________________________________$     4.00 doz
TopFlite Magna________________________________$     6.00 doz
TopFlite Tour_________________________________$     6.00 doz
Ultra_________________________________________$     5.00 doz
Precept_______________________________________$     6.00 doz

Compare these prices to the Master_What prices.

SPRING SPECIALS

I have several Premium Assortments with our new glove line on Super
Special spring.  All of these balls are Premium balls.  They
contain___no flaws___none___we call them "pearls." They are priced at
less the competition is charging for common/utility balls.  The
TopFlite Assortments contain XL, Hot-XL, Tours, and Magnas.  The
Prostaff Assortments contain medium spin Prostaffs and Distance
Prostaffs. The Ultra and Pinnacle Assortments contain all varieties
from these manufacturers (except balatas).  These are truly great
buys.

THE DUFFERS DELIGHT
3 Doz Top Flite Premiums & One Ultra Flex Glove
_______________________$  22.00 3 Doz Prostaff Premiums & One  Ultra
Flex Glove________________________$  21.00 3 Dox MaxFli MD&DDH
Premiums & One Ultra Flex Glove____________________$  22.00

THE SEE YA !!!
3 Doz Pinnacle Premiums & One Ultra Flex Glove  ______________________
$  27.00

THE GRIP IT & RIP IT
3 Doz Ultra Premiums & One Ultra Flex Glove
___________________________$  27.00

Extra balls may be ADDED to the "Duffers Delight" at $5.00 per dozen.
Extra Balls may be added to the "See Ya" and "Grip It" for $7.00 per
dozen.

GRADE ASSORTMENTS:

Grade Assortments contain balls from all manufacturers that are a
specific grade.  Thus, Premium Assortments will contain Titleist,
Maxfli, Ultra, Prostaff, Top Flite, etc.  Balatas are priced
separately.

Balata Premium Assortments____________________$     14.00 doz
Balata Very High Qlty Assortments_____________$     11.00 doz
Premium Assortments___________________________$      8.00 doz
Very High Quality Assortments_________________$      6.00 doz
Common Assortments____________________________$      4.00 doz

BRAND ASSORTMENTS:
Brand assortments will contain all types of a given manufacturer
(Balatas are not included in Brand Assortments).  Thus Titleist
Assortments  will have DT, HVC, HP2 etc.  Top Flite will contain
magnas, tour, hot xl and so on.

This is the most popular way to buy balls.

______________________________PREMIUM___________VERY_HIGH_QUALITY

Titleist_______________________$ 9.00_________________$ 7.00
Slazenger______________________$15.00_________________$12.00
Precept________________________$13.00_________________$10.00
Pinnacle_______________________$ 8.00_________________$ 4.20
Ultra__________________________$ 8.00_________________$ 6.00
Wil Staff______________________$ 7.00_________________$ 6.00
Topflite ______________________$ 6.00_________________$ 5.00

Below are Individual Ball Prices (Exact Type).  These are only
available in PREMIUM Grade.

High Spin Balls_______________________________High Spin Balls

Titleist Tour Balatas_______________________$    17.00 doz
Titleist Professionals______________________$    19.00 doz
Titleist HP2 Tour___________________________$    15.00 doz call for
avail Maxfli HT Tour Balatas______________________$    17.00 doz
Slazenger Balatas___________________________$    16.00 doz Ram Tour
Balatas____________________________$    14.00 doz Top Flight
Strata___________________________$    21.00 doz call for avial Top
Flight Z Balatas________________________$    12.00 doz Wilson Ultra
500 Tour Balatas_______________$    12.00 doz

Ladies Balls (?)

Flying Lady_________________________________$    9.00 doz
Maxfli MD-80/Titleist 80____________________$    8.00 doz call for
avial Top Flite Magna EX-W________________________    call for avail
Top Flite XL-W______________________________    call for avail Wilson
Prostaff Distance-W__________________    call for avail All Other
Lady's (Wilson, Pinnacle, etc.)___$    8.00 doz

Medium Spin Balls_________________________Medium Spin Balls

Titleist DT 90's & 100's____________________$     11.00 doz
Titleist HP2 90's & 100's___________________$     12.00 doz
Titleist HVC Spin/Dist______________________$     12.00 doz
Maxfli X Series_____________________________$     12.00 doz call for
avail Precept EV Extra Spin_______________________$     14.00 doz Top
Flight Tour ____________________________$     10.00 doz Hogan
___________________________________$     13.00 doz call for avial
Nitro Plus 8________________________________$      9.00 doz call for
avail Slazenger 420 T&P Spin______________________$     19.00 doz
Wilson Ultra Competition/Wound/Spin_________$     10.00 doz

Distance Balls_________________________________Distance Balls

Titleist DT 2 Piece_________________________$     12.00 doz
Titleist HP2 Distance_______________________$     15.00 doz call for
avial Titleist HVC 90/100_________________________$     12.00 doz
Precept EV Extra Distance___________________$     13.00 doz call for
avial Hogan Distance______________________________$     10.00 doz Top
Flight Magna____________________________$      9.00 doz Top Flight Hot
XL___________________________$      8.00 doz Nitro
______________________________________$      7.00 doz Slazenger
Raw_______________________________$     19.00 doz call for avail
Wilson Ultra/Distance/Original______________$      9.00 doz Wilson TC2
& TC3____________________________$      7.00 doz Pinnacle
Extreme____________________________$     11.00 doz Pinnacle
Gold_______________________________$      6.00 doz

If you do not see your favorite ball, let me know,  I will be
happy to price it for you.

OUR MINIMUM ORDER QUANTITY IS 3 DOZEN BALLS.  Mix and match any/all
kinds of balls, so long as you order a total of 3 doz.

Recycled Golf Ball prices are volatile.  Prices are subject to change
without notice, as the supply of recycled balls may vary by time of
year and cyclical demand or availability.

Texas residents only add 8.25% sales tax.

II___Pricing New Balls Great Values___Pricing New Balls Great
Values____

Over the winter, I managed to buy some brand new balls from various
manufacturers at tremendous savings as they moved to close out end of
year inventories.  All these balls are NEW. There are no X-OUTs or
seconds of any kind.  The Ultras are logo overruns.  The Rams are in
original cartons.  This a savings of about two thirds.

These are terrific values.

Wilson Utra Tour Balatas ____________________$     13.00 doz
Ram 442 Tour Lazer Balatas __________________$     12.00 doz

Hit new Balatas for price of TopFlites XL's.  Quantities are limited.
First come first served basis.  I cannot replace this inventory.

This is a NO BRAINER  !!!!!

III_____HIGH TECH BALLS_________HIGH TECH BALLS_________HIGH TECH
BALLS____

TITANIUM GOLF BALLS TITANIUM GOLF BALLS TITANIUM GOLF BALLS TITANIUM
GOLF BALLS

Wilson has just released their new Titanium Ball Product Line.  I will
have an entire white paper on new technology soon, but let me say,
that these balls are long...really long.  They do things we have not
seen before in USGA compliant balls.  National advertising is just now
breaking on these products.

Let me say.......

1. The Staff Titanium Balata is the longest true
balata.........period. 2. The Staff Titanium Spin is the longest spin
ball.............period. 3. The Staff Titanium Distance is the softest
distance ball.....period. 4. I sell them for less than
anyone.............................period.
    (well,that I know of)

Check out the Wilson web site www.wilsonsports.com for additional
specs. Call or emial for Titanium pricing.  Wilson will not allow me
to publish these prices.

Special Offer........

In addition to my best pricing on Titanium balls, I can now also offer
to place logos on Titanium balls in quantities of 10 dozen or more for
NO CHARGE.

IV.  DoubleCover Balls DoubleCover Balls DoubleCover Balls DoubleCover
Balls

Better Stratas Than Strata

I believe that there is an excellent case for the double cover ball.
I will cover the engineering and technical aspects of double covered
balls in my forthcoming white paper.  But basically, double cover
balls do a better job at providing distance than traditional balatas,
when struck hard (compresses both layers), and provides better feel
and spin than high spin balls when struck softly (compresses one layer
only).

I have also decided to offer our customers a real competitor to the
Strata ball. It is the Ram Double Cover Balata.  Ram is small US
company which has the reputation for superior engineering and quality.
 They have developed a double cover ball which I feel is superior to
the Strata in three ways.

1.  Spin.....This ball spins (full wedge) at 9000 RPM's.  This is
about 1000 RPM's faster than a Titlesist Tour Balata or Professional
and a whopping 25% plus faster than the Strata.  The result is
fantastic action on the green.  This ball STOPS and BACKS UP.  You get
unsurpassed control and accuracy with the DC Balata.

2.  Distance...Ram has re-thought the inner membrane outer membrane
design, reversing it essentially from Strata.  Firm membrane outer,
soft membrane inner. The result is longer distance than Strata for
virtually every kind of shot.

3.  Price_______________________________________$  25.00 doz

If you play Strata's, I guarantee you owe it to yourself to try a
dozen of these balls.  I am so sure you will really like this ball,
that, if don't like them, I will buy them back within 30 days.  If you
play Stratas, I am very confident you will be delighted with this
ball.

V.
FUN-FUN-FUN-FUN-FUN-FUN-FUN-FUN-FUN-FUN-FUN-FUN-FUN-FUN-FUN-FUN-FUN-FU
N-FUN-FUN- FUN-FUN-FUN

Do you really....I mean really....want to have some fun ???

Well, I have a ball that will will definitely enhance your golf fun.
We now offer the longest ball you can buy.  The Viper.

The Viper is a SCREAMER.  I mean it goes farther---I mean alot farther
than any other ball.  I have examined independent tests and tested
this ball myself.  It is at least 17 yards farther than hot XL or
Pinnacle.  Truly, the world's longest ball.

THIS BALL IS SO LONG...ITS REALLY FUN  !!!

The Viper spins so well, that well..I have never seen anyone who can't
back this one up.

Now, don't get me wrong.  I am not suggesting that you throw away
those Titlelists forever and become a Viper aficionado.  But,  when
your ready for your own "course record", or for that special "get
even" match, hit the Viper.

Do yourself a real favor, and try a dozen of these.  You will have
more fun playing golf with this ball than you've had in years.  And
after all, isn't that really the point ?

Not recommended for USGA sponsored tournaments (wink).

Viper_______________________________  $16.00 per doz

VI___Gloves_________Quality and Price For A
Change____GlovesGlovesGloves

I have been researching gloves for some time.  Living in Houston, I
actually stopped wearing gloves for a time because of the heat and
humidity.  For most gloves I tried, the glove would become saturated
with perspiration within two or three holes, and become "slick" and
useless.  They didn't last.  They didn't fit right.

I evaluated the Wilson Ultra Grip and was so impressed, I decided to
offer this product to our customers.

The Ultra Grip uses exclusive Wilson Leather Tech synthetic which
provides a very soft and tacky feel, unlike most other synthetics. In
addition, the palm of this glove has been digitized using a process
exclusive to Wilson to provide better gripping power.  Real Cabretta
leather is stitched onto the palm wearing points. Special fitting
inserts (spandex kind of stuff) are sown into the back of glove at the
knuckle flex point, making the glove easy to "flex" as the fingers are
wrapped around the club.  The end result is a great fitting, durable
synthetic glove with a leather-like feel and superior gripping power,
and it's machine washable. It fits like its supposed to.  You will get
the size you request.

This is the most durable synthetic material on the market...That's why
we carry it.  Easy to say??  We back it up.  If this glove fail--rips,
seams come apart, or otherwise fails to stand up to normal use, simply
return to us, no matter how much you have used it, within 60 days of
purchase.  I'll refund your money.

Compare that to the Master-What? product warranty.  We strive for
customer delight.  This glove sells in the pro shops for $14.00

Price______________________________$ 6.00 with any ball order.
     ______________________________$14.00 plus shipping without a ball
     order

Be sure to specify size.

VII__.How.Balls.Are.Graded.How.Balls.Are.Graded.How.Balls.Are.Graded.

UNDERSTANDING HOW BALLS ARE GRADED IS KEY.

Balls are graded according to condition.  Their condition determines
their suitability for play, and therefore their price.  When you
comparison shop, always be aware of what quality/condition ball you
are pricing.  I have never seen a Pro Shop, driving range or mass
merchandiser (most of whom are our customers) inform their customers
as to the quality/grade of recycled balls they are selling. I believe
you should be fully informed and I will try to give you the best
information possible.

First, let me say I would play any ball I sell.  They are all very
playable and will perform as you or I would expect any good ball to
perform.  Any substandard balls are sold directly to wholesalers and
not to our playing customers.

Our balls are graded into three categories:

        PREMIUM QUALITY

        VERY HIGH QUALITY

        COMMON/UTILITY

In each case, the difference is primarily the appearance of the ball,
not the suitability of the ball for play.  I have balls from every
manufacturer in each of these grades.

PREMIUM QUALITY balls are all proline balls.  They have no
discoloration or marks.  There are no X-Outs.  They look, act, feel
and play like when they were new.  They may have logos or other ID
marks, but no marks caused by damage or use.

VERY HIGH QUALITY balls are all proline balls.  They may have slight
discoloration or very small marks.  No X-Outs  Balatas are all
satisfactory color.

COMMON balls contain proline and storeline (pricepoint) balls.  They
will have some stains and small scuffs or marks. The storeline balls
or X-OUT balls may be in perfect condition.

All of our balls will be graded in this fashion.  Balatas and some
common assortments may contain X-OUTs.

A WORD ABOUT COMPETITIVE OFFERINGS

Please do not be misled when you are shopping for recycled balls. One
of my competitors, who does business mostly via snail mail, describes
his balls this way:

"Scuffmarks___Discolored___Visual Flaws___Marks___X-Outs"

These are what we sell as COMMON grade balls.  Most driving ranges,
discount houses and Pro Shops also sell Common/Utility grade balls.
Keep that in mind as you compare prices. I do not sell "practice"
quality balls, or balls with dents, creases or cuts.

VIII___TipsTipsTipsTipsTipsTipsTipsTipsTipsTipsTipsTipsTipsTipsTipsTip

A word about how balls are recycled may also be helpful.  When we pull
balls out of hazards, we get all kinds in every condition imaginable.
Once cleaned, a person has to look at each ball and make a decision
about grade, manufacturer and type.  This sorting process is labor
intensive.

Therefore, the more specific you are in your ball request, the greater
the detail level of sorting.  As you would expect, balls that match
exact specifications are our most expensive. THE LESS SPECIFIC YOU ARE
ABOUT THE TYPE OF BALL YOU WANT, THE LOWER THE PRICE.

Here's how we group balls for sale.

Exact Descriptions______I will send you the exact ball you want..
Manufacturer, type, compression, color that you specify.

Manufacturer Assortments_____Will contain all types of balls made by
any given company.  They are all the same logo (Titleist, Pinnacle,
Ultra, etc.).

Mixed Assortments___Will contain balls from all manufacturers.

IX_____SpinSpinSpinSpinSpinSpinSpinSpinSpinSpinSpinSpinSpinSpinSpin

The primary difference between ball types is spin or, how the ball
rotates when it is struck.  This spin determines ball flight
characteristics and more importantly, (at least to me), the feel. The
flip side to spin is distance. Manufacturers can design balls that
travel farther, but they spin less.  In other words, the energy can be
imparted as distance or as spin. Distance balls are also harder
feeling, and more forgiving of poorly struck shots (e.g. have less
side spin, slice less).  All balls have tradeoffs of these
characteristics. We all want feel, spin and distance.  each of us has
a personal preference as to what we like to hit, and generally play a
ball that matches that taste.

Here's a quick summary of spin categories.

High Spin balls generally have the softest feel.  The have the best
action on the green, and are the most easily stopped on hard or fast
greens.  They are the least durable and least forgiving balls.  They
are usually the choice of low handicap amateurs or Professional
players.

Medium Spin Balls have a softer feel and better spin characteristics
than distance balls.  Low and medium handicap players often choose
these balls as a compromise or to accommodate hard greens or windy
conditions.

Distance balls travel farther.  They slice/hook less.  They are more
durable. They spin less and are harder to control on greens.  They
have the hardest feel. They are usually easier to play in windy
conditions.

X___ShippingShippingShippingShippingShippingShippingShippingShipping

All orders are shipped via UPS ground for US customers.  Pricing for
international customers will be made on order by order basis.  Hawaii
and Alaska customers please add $2.00.

Shipping and Handling_____________________$    4.00  per order
On orders over 3 Doz______________________$    1.00 per additional
dozen

Please advise us of any special delivery instructions you may have.
Most orders shipped within 48 hours.  Balata orders, or certain newer
brands such as HP2, Precept EV, etc. may take longer.   During the
winter months, we are unable to harvest balls in the northern
climates, so our supplies of newly released balls (e.g. Stratas) can
be constrained.  Please..If you are ordering high end balls, allow
extra time for delivery and/or specify an alternate ball.

XII___OrderingOrderingOrderingOrderingOrderingOrderingOrderingOrdering

Minimum order quantity is 3 dozen balls.

Our objective is to be the easiest company to do business with.  You
may email, fax or call us to place your order. We accept Visa,
MasterCharge, American Express, Discover.

Credit Card customers,  please DO NOT send card information on your
email, but rather, call us or send us an email with a phone number
where we can reach you and a suggested time.

You may also mail your order with a personal or company check
to:

Our Mailing Address is

Golf Balls Unlimited, USA
11743 West Bellfort, #112
Stafford, TX  77477

Phone ____________888-507-7566  toll free
Fax_______________281-568-5474
Pager_____________800-796-7363  pin 1044360

XII___.GuaranteeGuaranteeGuaranteeGuaranteeGuaranteeGuaranteeGuarantee

We are not content with your Satisfaction only.  Customer Delight is
our goal. If you are not delighted with the products we offer, simply
return any items purchased within 30 days, and we will promptly refund
the full purchase price of those returned products.

XIII___.SpecialSpecialSpecialSpecialSpecialSpecialSpecialSpecialSpecia

We can place your company's logo or your name/initials on any ball.
For two colors or less, cost is approximately $ 0.60 per ball. Their
is also an extra $5.00 per order handling charge for logos.

We offer customized striping with name for ranges and private clubs.

We offer a complete wholesale program for bulk purchases, and
specialized packaging.

We buy balls.

Again, if you need something you do not see___just ask

Dana Jones
Ballman@golfballsunlimitedusa.com
GolfBalls Unlimited, USA
888-507-7566

Our Mission: To Be The Best (As Determined By Our
Customers) Supplier Of Quality Recycled Golf Balls

BUY SELL TRADE