Subject: Re: Utility chip sio's on 4xx (more stories)
To: Andreas Brusinsky <brusinsk@ibdr.inf.tu-dresden.de>
From: mike smith <miff@spam.frisbee.net.au>
List: port-hp300
Date: 03/20/1997 00:47:10
Andreas Brusinsky wrote:

> So there is really a serial line with 460800 Baud (i.e. port 1)?

That's the 'dca' port, yes.

> But this could be only used to connect two hp425?
> Or would there be another application for it?

You could try changing the crystal on the HP's motherboard
(I think the dca is clocked off the 7.~ MHz ISA clock crystal)
to some multiple of the 1.8MHz clock used by PC serial
interfaces; it shouldn't be too hard to find something suitable.

--
Mike Smith  *BSD hack  Unix hardware collector
The question "why are the fundamental laws of nature mathematical"