Subject: Re: hp300 >--HP-IB--< hp300 ?
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Peter Maydell <pm215@cam.ac.uk>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/28/1997 11:00:57
Andreas Brusinsky wrote:

>Is it in NetBSD possible to connect two hp300 via the hp-ib bus ?
>What are the steps to do? Where is more doc on this?

Yes, it can be done.

1) Connect the two HPs via an HPIB cable.
2) Set one of them to not be system controller (my 9000/340 has a DIP
   switch for this)
3) Rewrite the hpib driver to be able to cope with not being system
   controller (it currently does rude things like Take Control
   Asynchronously all over the place...)
4) Write a TCP/IP over HPIB driver.
5) Configure

I'm currently stuck on step 3 :-)
Assistance/advice appreciated. I've just got hold of a) the TMS9914 data
sheet and b) the HPUX man pages on their driver. Is there any good reason
not to model a NetBSD driver on the HPUX version? Also, is there some
equivalent document to the 'Linux Kernel Hackers' Guide'?

Peter Maydell