Subject: Installproblems NetBSD on HP345
To: None <port-hp300@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dirk Groesser <digro@wurzel.lahn.de>
List: port-hp300
Date: 02/26/1997 10:47:00
Hallo,

i'm trying to install NetBSD v1.2 on a HP 345 Worstation via NFS over a
HP98643 LAN card..
I have created a bootfloppy with rawwrite. So the machine boots the
Installprogram. I choose the boot-option from the menue. I answerd the
following stuff to the questions:
Disk to boot from:  le0
My IP adress:       192.168.1.10
My NetMask:         255.255.255.0
My Gateway:         i leave blank
Server IP adress:   192.168.1.1
Server Path:        i tryed: "/" "/e" "/e:\" "e:\" and so on

The answer is: no such file or directory
or
Error 1

The NFS Server is an OS/2 Warp 4 machine with the TCP/IP 2.0 package. When
i use the iptrace command on the server, i see that they are talking.
The exports-file from the nfd server is the following:
#DIRECTORY                    CLIENTS                           COMMENT
e:\                           hp345                       # via hosts
e:\                           192.168.1.10                # via ip

The file MINIROOT is on the drive e: in the root (e:\) on the server.

Mounting the e-drive local on the OS/2 machine (mount z: me:e:\) is no
problem. So what is my mistake to install the package?

Dirk

--
digro@wurzel.lahn.de
digro@t-online.de